Old 03-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
Juantron
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56983
What I Drive: '03 SVT-5

FF Reputation: 3 Juantron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Thumbs up XCAL testimonial

I have had my Focus for nearly 6 years now since I bought it off the Ford lot brand new. In that time, I've done my share of bolt-on modifications, and some of them actually increased my power. In February, I started looking into a tune, and upon research on the Focus Fanatics forum I quickly learned that Tom is the way to go for anything having to do with tuning a Focus. So I contacted Tom and ordered my XCAL3 which cost me $415 including shipping (I'm in-state). As soon as I got my XCAL, I got in touch with Tom and sent him a list of my engine modifications. Over the next couple of days, I felt like I had my own personal trainer for my Focus, ROFL. We went 4 rounds of him sending me a tune file, me going out and making a datalog, getting back and sending the datalog to him, and calling him to discuss the datalog session and see where we could tweak some more power in there. By the 4th round of datalog, I had a new car. I have no stumble at any RPM range, (which I had before the tune), and I can't wait to get to the dyno next weekend to see what I'm putting down now. The reason I am posting this testimonial is because I was so impressed with not only the outcome of the tune, but how considerate Tom was to spend all that time with me getting everything right (I mean its not like he's building a house, performing spark plug dyno tests, and designing the "squaire-tube" headers too...). So if you are on the fence of getting a tune or not getting a tune, please take my advice, this dude knows his ...and get a wideband for optimal results!