Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - CAI or SRI?
Thread: CAI or SRI?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #28
Binzer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73070
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red SE Hatch, 94 FLSTC

FF Reputation: 1 Binzer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by threadlock View Post
I wasn't a kit. It was just a spectra filter. The spacers were in the filter neck. Take a look in the box. I can't remember what size I bought. You can also get adapters off the shelf..
Ok, one of the local places lists them online so I'll drop by and see what they have on the shelf.
Quote:
I bought a rather large cone shaped one because I was going to route a DIY CAI. changed my mind when I took a good look. Defineitly measure and get a smaller tube shaped filter. You should be able to push forward into the fasica a little. I changed the poition of my horn so I could get the filter into the fascia more..
I figure after looking at the CAI kits that a good piece of Industrial grade PVC pipe and some fittings should duplicate the pipe you buy for at least $100, add a strap to bolt it to the existing mount, maybe a couple hose clamps and your good at less than half the price.

Quote:
I did not want to destroy the MAF tube in case I wasn't happy with the results..
Ditto here, I want to be able to put it back just in case.

Quote:
Yes, you can remove everything. There are DIY instructions at the top of this form for a stealth setup that explains how to remove everything.
Ok, will have a look at that. I have time to read as the rest of the week here in CT is going to be crummy to say the least.

tnx, Mike.