Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - CAI or SRI?
Thread: CAI or SRI?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #25
threadlock
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 55215
What I Drive: 2007 red

FF Reputation: 1 threadlock Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I would not do exactly what Taylor did to that MAF tube. Just buy a couple of spacers and keep the MAF tube in one piece. I have a 07 and I ran the filter and tube into the hole left from removing that stupid air box.
If you remove the boot from the intake manifold, drop the filter straight down the boot will make the bend back to the intake. Just don't run the filter below the facia. My vehical also has 2 cooling fans down there. I don't think heat soak will be a problem. I have driven in alot of extremly heavy rain this winter and have had no trouble.
Also, I am getting 20 to 25 more miles per tank and the performance increase is noticable. I get on it whenever I can, my wife says it's noticable and my 18 year old loves to drive it now . I drive almost exactly 50/50 highway and city.
I paid $27 for the Spectra filter and it came with all the necessary spacers.
You may want to buy a better filter. Measure for correct size first. Also, you can bend the existing bracket to hold the system in place.
If a CAI system for $250 will get you 10 times this performance I would be the first in line to get one. I think a $50 K&N should get you there.

No offence to anyone, just my opinion and experience.