Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #60
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

Points 36,103, Level 100
Points: 36,103, Level: 100 Points: 36,103, Level: 100 Points: 36,103, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusFreak09 View Post
wow i dont know where you went but thats expensive. check out www.stickercity.com and there is a place in houston called reecesupply that sales vinyl and im sure can find you some carbon fiber vinyl. really not that expensive. a
The material is only decently expensive but the vinyl itself is not like normal vinyl, it's ability to stretch and conform is less than traditional vinyl. Then factor in the many curves and whatnot on the trunk lid of a 2009, it adds up pretty fast once you add installation. Meh if I can I would like an actual CF trunk over a covered one for weight and the nice clear coat that goes down on top of the actual CF. I saw the vinyl in person and while cool, it just doesn't have the same look to it. It is close but...

I don't know maybe I am just picky.
SR #233