Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Double cluthching
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 01:08 AM   #8
Wolf71
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1262
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SVT, 04 R1

FF Reputation: 1 Wolf71 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by Rsdnt-Evle
Hehe, I groaned and squirmed in my seat when Vin blurted that out. My wife looked at me puzzled, and I tried to explain the diff between a modern day stick-shift and a Peterbuilt. For those that don't know any better, you can really mess them up when you tell them that big trucks, like 18-wheelers, don't even use the clutch after 2nd or 3rd gear, they just rev-match and ram it home.

Like you said, the wannabe's have mixed up double-clutching with heel-toe... thanks to those that think F&F is a movie "made by street racers, for street racers!"
I don't think ram it home is really the right term. When I floated my Freightliner, it was actually smoother then when I double clutched.

And I can float a car tranmission too, but I really hate getting that occasional grind when it's my vehicle, that I'll have to repair. But when it was a company truck, screw it, grind em' till you find em'.

99 Buell X1 Carbon Fiber Extreme
V&H Pipe, Forcewinder Intake, Race Computer, Power Commander III, Banke Rear-sets, Ceramic Coated Headers

04 Yamaha R1 Shift Red
Greggs Custom Flush Mounts, Integrated Tail Light, Graves Fender Eliminator and Frame Sliders, Zero Gravity Smoked Screen