Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How-To: 2008 - 2011 Halo Projectors Light Installation
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #64
Motor City Madman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 67832
What I Drive: 2009 silver SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Motor City Madman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
...The bolts on the headlight are 13/32 hexheads, so you'll need that size socket...
They're actually 10mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
...You will then need to grab the new headlamps and find the red tab coming out of the back.

If you take a closer look at it, it has two metal "things" on the left hand side of the tab.

You need to make the metal "things" be on the right side, like this

The easiest way to do this is to first use your nail to move it "flip" it over to the opposite side. Once you get it on the right side, use some pliers to push it flat to the tab (like in above picture), so it looks like it came that way. Then, plug that into the sidemarker adapter you removed earlier, like this

It may be hard to get in at first, so you might need to make the metal "thing" lay more flat, but it will go in there. I received a picture of this with my kit, but it was a little bit different.
A side note on this step. On the little red plug that you flip the wires over to the opposide side, it will plug in to the side marker light socket two ways. One way, only the halos will work, not the leds. If the leds aren't working, turn it 180 degrees and try again. I found this out the hard way. plugged one headlight in and the leds didn't work. Plugged the other one in and everything worked. Thought I was gonna have to ship one light back. Then found on the "instruction sheet", that is mostly Chinese, some half-assed explanation of having some wires the "right way". Tried the "bad light" again and it worked.