Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - CAI or SRI?
Thread: CAI or SRI?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
lets_FOCUS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62632
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 lets_FOCUS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
CAI or SRI?

I know a bit about the differences between a cold air intake, and a short ram intake, but I want some people's input who have experienced either or!

I am driving an '03 Duratec, and i currently have a Magnaflow 2.25" cat-back exhaust. Will either intake change the exhaust note, or will I only notice a difference in intake noise?

Also, I know the SRI's are prone to heat-soak, where the air warms up during city stop-and-go driving, and causes poor acceleration. I do a lot of city driving, will I really notice this a lot, or not so much? We do have pretty hot summers here.

I know CAI's can get waterlogged, or even suck water into the engine, how likely is this to happen? I live in western NY and we get a fair share of rain, and lots of snow and slush in the winter. I don't want to mess up my engine.

I want the intake that is the MOST practical, I know they each have their pros and cons, but what is the best way to go??

Insert opinions here! :)