Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #546
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
A few quotes from Autoblog regarding a Hybrid Focus RS possibly making an appearance in three years:

"If you're the type that likes to save fuel while scorching asphalt, you'll like the rumored inclusion of a hybrid powertrain centering on Ford's 2.0-liter Ecoboost four cylinder. That boosted mill would reportedly drive the front wheels while an electric motor would send torque to the rear, resulting in an all-wheel drive arrangement, estimated 0-60 run of (again) five seconds and a top speed of 155 miles per hour.

Interestingly, AE reports that this is the same powertrain Peugeot used in its SR1 concept, and the French automaker is said to have co-developed the hybrid drivetrain with Ford. We won't know whether or not any of this is accurate for quite some time, as the car reportedly won't be ready for another three years, but a 240-horsepower Ecoboost Focus ST may be on the way within the next 18 months. We'll see..."

The other quote speaking of the 2.0 Ecoboost slated for the revised Ford Edge...

"The 2.0-liter EcoBoost that The Detroit News promises is coming in the substantially refreshed Edge is said to be as powerful as a 3.0-liter V6. We'll take that to mean about 240 or so horsepower. Sure, that's not a very exciting power figure in the Edge, but it will probably make for some sexy fuel economy figures. And just image how thrilling this news will be when the 2.0-liter EcoBoost Focus comes out? Or, Mulally willing, an EcoBoosted Fiesta! Even a Fusion with this new motor (and a manual transmission) would be very, very welcome. We should know much more next week in Chicago."

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/02/r...ng-to-chicago/