Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2010 New York Winter Rally - Jan. 23/24
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
HTPerformance
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41307
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 10 HTPerformance Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Updated News:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally New York News
Another heartbreak was experienced by the team of Michael Reilly and Josh Benthien in Ford Focus, who are the 2009 USRC Production Cup Winners. After outstanding performance in their two-wheel-drive car, they were in the fourth place overall, second in two-wheel-drive, until it was discovered that they failed to present their car at a time control and had to be disqualified by the Stewards.
An email from Co-driver Josh Benthien:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Benthien
Team -

I want to let you all know how sorry I am that all of your hard work and dedication this past weekend resulted in this outcome. I should have known better than to try and check in without the car and then exit service without going through time control. This is a mistake I'll never make again, and I don't fault the stewards in their enforcement of the rules.

I also want to say that I am proud and so thankful for all you did to keep us on the road. I am in awe of how despite our mechanical issues you were able to keep us in the hunt. I fully believe that next time we'll be on the podium.

Josh
Picture by meegan rally sport

Last edited by HTPerformance; 01-27-2010 at 09:13 AM.