Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SCT Datalogging issues PLEASE POST
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #13
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing Member Blivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTFOOCUS View Post
Its "fuel rail pressure" that keeps getting added. About 3 above "fuel pressure drop across injectors" which is the one I use.
To address most of this one, here is a little crash course in how LL works:

The database has DMRs and pids. A DMR is a direct memory read whereas a pid is more generic. DMRs are the items listed in all capital letters, pids are the lower case items. If a DMR is available it is always the preferred item to log as they generally report data faster.

You are choosing a pid. Yes LL does seem to add fuel rail pressure when fuel pressure drop is chosen which is something it should not do, but there is also a DMR for pressure drop that you can choose which does not add anything. Select that one instead and I will work on getting the next version of LL corrected.

You mentioned before that STFT1 does not work. I told Tom about this. That is technically bank 2. There is no bank 2; So of course that item does not work. What I would do is when you open livelink, go to view and select Long Name PIDs. This will show the full name of the items in the database. For the short term fuel trims, 8 items come up on the SVT. 2 of them are pids and 6 are DMRs. Out of these 8, 3 of them are bank 2 and do not work but the other 5 log just fine. The pids are easy to tell which one is bank 1 and which one is bank 2 but the DMRs show as STFT, STFT[0], STFT[1], STFTF, STFTF[0], STFTF[1] (again, by choosing long names as I said above you will see what the full name is.) The ones with [1] next to it are bank 2 due to the fact that there is a [0] item which is bank 1. Strange yes but we did not make those names, Ford did.