Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How do you like Next Generation Ford Focus Design?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #41
the Duff
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60423
What I Drive: 2009 Silver SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 3 the Duff Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I think what a lot of you naysayers are missing is that this car is supposed to appeal to, well, ... everyone, and I really think it does that. If they just brought something over that looked exactly like the RS no one over 40 would buy one. This car is for EVERYONE. Will there be a performance version? I guarantee it. Will it look sportier? Of course it will. Why doesn't it have vertical lights? Because the focus has no history. Its been out 10 years now. Do we really need that much continuity in a car thats 10 years old and hasn't had the vertical lights since '07 anyway? I don't think so. Its making its own history now. It still looks like a focus to me. Ford is aiming its sights directly at civic/corrola right now and is looking to sell over 200k in NA alone, and I think they can do it with these two models alone. In fear of using an overused phrase, they look phenomenal!