Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How-To: Shorten your shift throw with stock MTX shifter
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #32
FucusUnderground
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2637
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 5 FucusUnderground Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey if it works for you guys and you have the extra money laying around, go for it. There's countless threads about Steeda and other aftermarket STS. This thread is for people who want to shorten their throw on a budget.

@PSUrivie, have you done this mod, and are comapring it to the Steeda? Or are you simply stating that the Steeda makes a difference over stock? Because my shifts are also shorter and stiffer, and I can't immagine the Steeda being so different as to be worth at least $88. I have heard they are actually quite comaparable. If the Steeda was that much higher anyway, you'd have to modify the center console, not just the boot trim.

The point is, there are those of us who don't want to (or can't) spend money frivolously. Especially with the economy the way it is, $88 can be someone's food and gas budget for a couple of weeks. This is just one of those quick and free mods to make us smile more.

EDIT: There also seems to be some confusion regarding this mod, as bdnld4482's recent post shows. This isn't a mod to give you a short shifter. Those are just shortened levers. This mod is to shorten the THROWS of the shifter, and this mod most certainly does move the pivot point.

Last edited by FucusUnderground; 01-21-2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Clarification.