View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #17
mikealicious
'Merica

Fan#: 47077
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT (gone), 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 8 mikealicious Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
took a few more pics tonight. here's a little info on the seats and how I did everything.

The seats are the Corbeau FX1 pro. they fit up to a 36" waist. I'm 6'0" 185lbs and they fit me perfect.

here are the pics and how I did everything. first off, here are some pics of it in the car with the harness bar/harnesses. (dont mind the mess in the car or my snowboard. lol)

now as far as retaining the use of the factory seatbelt adapters, you have to use a bolt from the bottom of the factory seat for the side of the corbeau seat bracket. there's a spot for the seat belt adapter to bolt to, they just dont give you the bolt. here is where I took mine from. (notice the bolt missing in the red circle)

here's a pic of it installed on the seat bracket.

now as far as the seat belt reminder, what you'll have to do, is unplug the factory harness underneat the factory seat and modify it a little bit. (this was really easy). I just took a flathead screwdriver and broke the bottom left brown harness out of the main clip (the part of the clip that was attached to the seat) as seen here in this picture. (right above the freckle on my thumb)

now if you hold the main clip vertical, it will go in the top right spot. as seen here in this picture. (sorry I had already taped it up when I took the pic)

another angle

all in all, it was way easier than I thought it was going to be. hopefully this answered any questions anyone had about doing this to their car. lemme know if you have any other questions or would like any other angles for the pictures.