Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Track Day Setup Advice
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
Schroeder02

Fan#: 53191
What I Drive: 2013 Red ST & 2009 Focus Race Car

Points 5,374, Level 47
Points: 5,374, Level: 47 Points: 5,374, Level: 47 Points: 5,374, Level: 47
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 62 Schroeder02 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Nice to see another MD Track enthusiast.

Being your just getting started, your brake upgrade is a good idea, my personal Preference in Brake pads are Carbotech AX6’s for a beginner. You’re never will run out of brakes you’re first few years on track. The do dust and squeal but all good pads do. Brake fluid I would go with Motul RBF 600, you can pick that up at most motorcycle shops.

For you Suspension if your stock shocks are in good shape then stick with them and get a dedicated track tire and rim. If not then I would get the Dynamic kit it’s a very nice setup for dally driving and weekend track use.

As for tires the Direzza Starspec is a very good choice if you getting a dedicated set of tires. I got about 12 track days out of mine and maybe around 5000 road miles, but that’s not bad for a sticky street tier. As far as track performance the Dunlop does very well they are very consistent once they get hot, though I feel the cold to warm grip is a little better. But they are consistent and don’t get overly greasy towards the end of the run.

If you really interested look for any mid Atlantic GTG and try and make it out, I tray and make as many as I can. And would be happy to talk to you, if I know your coming I’ll bring out My SVT Trackcar you may find a little inspiration to get out and have some fun with us. We need to get some more focus’s back out on the track it’s been a little lonely out there the past two years.

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.