Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #150
Tbones00SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9982
What I Drive: 2000 Toreador Red SE

Points 1,356, Level 20
Points: 1,356, Level: 20 Points: 1,356, Level: 20 Points: 1,356, Level: 20
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 Tbones00SE Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferkozx3 View Post
it doesnt look performance oriented what so ever... whats the point of buying it as a car to mod, and having to mod it just to make it what you want to start with??? not turbo, not awd, ride height is monster truck like... its a cool looking car, but more like what my aunt would drive to work everyday... no RS no performance... its slow, and not even that appealing... ive owned my focus for a few years now awaiting a performance release in the US, never came, and im tired of waiting... i can take my GSX and put $500 into it and be over $300 (all) wheel horsepower, it takes $4000k+ to ever see those numbers with a focus, not to mentioned i paid $800 for it....
Because it's a people mover. It's designed to get you around town and country, not around a speedway. It's tailor made for people who don't want to use the Explorer or the Hummer to get to and from work because the gas mileage stinks (gas prices are already heading towards $3), but they can still have some of the comforts and features that usually come in those bigger cars. That's who Ford is marketing to, that's what the Focus is now that the Fiesta took it's previous spot in the lineup. Will there be a performance model? As others have said, it's probably at least another model year or two away. It would have been nice if they have introduced the performance model alongside the regular focus like they did the SHO. My guess is Ford decided to wait and see how well the regular Focus fares in the market and then if it does well they will introduce the performance model for the enthusiasts. You don't put all this technology into a car and not eventually give it some power. Remember 80% of the parts are shared so Ford can't say that it would be too expensive to bring the RS over once it goes on sale in Europe.
Zetec Crew #73
ATX Faction #24
Mods: Volant CAI, 65mm TB, CFM Lower Mount, VF Passenger Mount, SVT Header, SVT Cat, SVT Flex, and Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, Roush Suspension, Tune and CarPC.