Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #108
apagios
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40891
What I Drive: '03 ZX5 SVT, '05 Mazdaspeed Miata

Points 873, Level 15
Points: 873, Level: 15 Points: 873, Level: 15 Points: 873, Level: 15
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 apagios Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Jalopnik reported 235/40R19 tires. That width plus the revo knuckle from the RS, is prime for a SVT a year or 2 later, maybe 2013 or 2014. Ford is being smart and riding the the good media exposure to market. why would they release info on the new Focus and then in the same breathe say "Oh btw we are going to bring an RS equivalent to the US." I agree with Warneej that it will be a little while before we hear about an SVT/RS.

My main point was the 2L engine is supposed to be in the 150's hp and mid 140's torque. 235 width tires is way over kill for that, heck the SVTF is 170/145 and came stock with 215 width tires. The fact that they designed for 235 width tires/wheels bodes well for putting RS levels of power to the ground. Plus they got the Revknuckle proven in the RS, no reason not to bring that over as well.

I am a mazda fan as well (mazdaspeed miata), I love the MS3 as well, I have no issue with torque steer since it comes with the FWD territory, but the number 1 complaint from media reviews of the MS3 is torque steer. Ford has their new Focus primed to take the RS engine and out perform the MS3 and do it with less torque steer. Lets just be patient and drool all over the new focus for a while and go nuts later when the SVT details come out

Besides, I am about to put a new clutch & timing belt in my SVTF so I should be good to wait a couple years, if they came out with a new SVTF based on the RS in 2012 I would be sad about not being able to buy it yet