Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - how do you change the headlight bulb on a 07 focus?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
puppetman
rawr

Fan#: 65577
What I Drive: 07 ZX3, 86 honda vf500f, 81 Vespa

Points 3,432, Level 36
Points: 3,432, Level: 36 Points: 3,432, Level: 36 Points: 3,432, Level: 36
Level Up 55% Completed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 puppetman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
how do you change the headlight bulb on a 07 focus?

ok, well this seems like a stupid question but i want some confirmation on the subject, and im hoping ford designers arent this retarded when it comes to basic maintinence.

the drivers side headlight blew and i was trying to change it today. i took the two bolts out off that seem to be holding the headlight housing in, but it still wouldnt budge. so i did a few searches on this trusty forum, but i want a bit of clarity on it.

i read that for the 05-07 models there is a bolt attaching the housing to the frame of the car, and to remove it you have to go through the wheel well. this is pictured and explained in the thread on how to paint the headlights.

so my question is, in order to change the bulb, is all of this really necessary? or is there a way to get into it without full removal of the housing? its colder than a witches tit outside and i dont want to be out there jacking the car up and digging in the wheel well right now.

so thanks in advance guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutSVT View Post
hey man don't hate, it cost alot of money to look that cheap...