Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Whats your favourite road to drive on??
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2003, 10:05 PM   #1
Laidman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1425
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus Euro Edition

FF Reputation: 1 Laidman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Whats your favourite road to drive on??

As it says, what is your favourite road to drive on?? and why?
I know that we all live in differrent parts in North America/World and there are many streets too, but there is always that one in particular that you will always remember for doing something crazy/stupid/fun. Something that you wil never forget

Well, mine is Concession 6 in Windsor Ontario, Canada, it was the time I took my Focus to not only its limits but mine as well, It was late at night, and I was on my way home. I was driving down this concession and at 2AM there was nobody on the road. This road goes for about 4km with only 2 side roads connecting it. Earlier that week I had the exhaust and Cold air intake installed and I wanted to see how the difference was. At the first and only light on this road I hit the gas at the first sight of green. Pushing the pedal to the floor each gear hits the red line before shifting. I knew that my govoner is 160km and I wanted to not only hit it but try to pass it. I 'm getting close to 160 and I turn off the overdrive, the RPM's spike higher, and I pass the govoner, 170km, I hit 175, I stayed at that speed for only a couple of seconds and realize that the road was coming to an end and it was time to slow down.

That was the fastest I have ever gone behind the wheel.