Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Short throw AUTOMATIC shifter
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 08:16 AM   #67
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by crazy_urn
simplydomesticsfocus....

please tell me where i said i dont like it? if i remember correctly, each and every post i have made in this thread i have stated it looks cool. (i believe this is the seventh time, for those of you keeping score at home)

i simply pointed out the fact that there is no performance gains. and that point the thread starter stated that "nope see your wrong i thought the same till i shifted it threw the gears manually ... quicker and eassier push shorter for the shifter to go!"

while you may be able to move the stick a little faster. it is still an ATX. there are no performance gains from this mod.

i would love to quit bickering about this, as you suggest. but as long as i am attacked, i will defend myself.

if you have a problem with any of the posts in this thread, there is this nice little link on every single post that says "report this post to a moderator." if you dont want to utilize that link. then [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* off.
Did I say i was talking about you? I didn't specify anyone. i just told people to S T F U. its not worth arguing about it. If you want to get down into nitty gritty bs, fine. Taking what you said, he is able to shift faster. If he is able to move the stick faster, the faster it goes into gear. When the car is put in a lower gear, in an atx, It remains in that gear for long as possible, the same way an mtx stays in gear the only way it goes out of that gear is when you "shift" it. If that happens faster, then there is a performance gain. Will it be really anything incredible, no. You contradict yourself, no performance gain, but you could shift faster

no one attacked you man, we're just saying that whatever, if he thinks theres a gain, then good for him, he likes it, he drives it, if he feels that there was a gain. then thats the way he feels. let it go. its not like your ever going to see him off this board anyways.

if you have a problem with the views and opinions of this thread, there is a button in the top left corner of the screen, its called the back button. If you have a problem with these views, then [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* off