Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Welcome Newbies To FF
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #589
BigBrother
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 71711
What I Drive: 2002 Charcoal Gray ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 BigBrother Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Every board I've ever joined (and that's a LOT, lol) has a new member intro area.. Couldn't find one here. So I posted this in the lounge, and then a nice member pointed me to where the intro thread was hidden, LOL. So - here's a repost:

I've been a pretty serious GM guy most of my life, although I have owned in the past a Merkur XR4Ti, a Fiesta, a couple of Mazdas, and assorted otherness. Current main ride is a Saturn Ion Redline, but I just picked up a high mileage Focus ZTS for the significant other. Slate gray, tinted, and funky but look good on the car 17" black and polished rims.

Already discovered the joy that is working on these things (and the reason I like GM, lol - only cars engineered like they might have to come apart again some day, I swear) when my pal and I spent 6 &%@#ing hours on the alternator and water pump. Alt went out, pump was making noise so I replaced it while I was in there. If the guy who designed that engine bay layout is a member here, please have him respond with his home address so I can stop by and kick him in the nuts repeatedly for 5 hours. That's how much longer it took than it should have, lol.

I'm an avid autocrosser, sometime drag racer, and long time car audio guy. I run the Ion in GS, and would like to get the girls started in STL this year in the Focus. It's an auto, but they're both learning stick and won't be super fast their first season anyway, so whatever, lol. Expect to see me posting in the suspension area asking for advice on coilovers, swaybars, etc.

So - that's me. Looking forward to getting to know some peeps around here!