Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2008+ LED tail lights
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #53
john m.
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55541
What I Drive: 2008 Focus SES Vista Blue 5 speed

Points 2,016, Level 27
Points: 2,016, Level: 27 Points: 2,016, Level: 27 Points: 2,016, Level: 27
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 john m. Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Site DSI View Post
nice i should be getting mine today same with my projector halos
I see in your post you are installing halos in your Focus. I considered doing the same to my 08. I am friends with a Ford repair tech at my dealer he called me as he wanted to show me a customers car in for repair. The customer installed Halos into his 08 Focus, I am unsure of the model of halos he installed but His entire headlight wiring assembly was fried and turned to dust!. Please think carefully about your halo mod.!. I installed a set of aftermarket bulbs instead of halos into my 08. The wattage on these replacement bulbs was the same as the Ford factory bulbs 55w-65w but the bulbs preformed MUCH better then the week bulbs Ford put into the car. I would rate the brightness and whiteness of these aftermarket bulbs as being 35% brighter!. The factory bulbs Ford installed in the 08 Focus had a color temperature rating of 3100K the high performance bulb I replaced it with had a color temperature rating of 4000K without drawing any more wattage. The only downside of these replacement aftermarket high performance bulbs is they burn out quicker then the stock bulbs. The stock Ford bulbs last a average of 2 years while the high performance bulbs burn out in only 1 year. The wiring Ford installed in the Focus was of the smallest gage they could use for the headlights on the car there is NO safety margin on this wiring. I am sure if you really wanted to you could just replace all the headlight wiring with a much heaver gage wire but the cost to do so as well as replacing the headlight relay might be higher then it would be worth. I installed these http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...ce/Xtravision/ check the link out it has photos of the light from these bulbs taken from the drivers seat I think the improvement from these bulbs is adequate and the insurance of not having the expensive repair bill well worth it!. I wish you luck!
High & low beam headlamp
H13ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting

Last edited by john m.; 12-25-2009 at 07:29 AM.