Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What race tracks have you run on?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #24
MattyM3CSL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63091
What I Drive: 14' Silver ST, 02 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 2 MattyM3CSL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Looks like I will join the Summit Point crowd. I started going to Summit Point in 1991 with my dad to watch vintage racing. In 1997, as soon as I was old enough to get my divers license I did my first performance drivers school on the Jefferson Circuit with my BMW 2002tii which is long gone now. I’m most familiar with the Main track and have driven it many times with my dads late E30 M3 (great car!!!) and the most recent summit point experience was the Shenandoah circuit with the SVTF for an hour long unrestricted “parade” lap…..Very neat and technical track. Made me realize I need to upgrade my pads.

And the last track experience I had (not really an official track but close enough) was at the BMW performance center in South Carolina for the “M School”. All I can say is WOW unbelievable experience. Everything was top notch. Everything from the cars and instructors to the accommodations. Very impressed!

I’m planning on doing more driving events this upcoming year and would like to venture to more tracks. I’m going to make it a point to get to VIR since I have never been there. From what I hear and from what I just read in this thread its and awesome track. Looking forward to it!!