Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Sort me out?
Thread: Sort me out?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
jayel579
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64031
What I Drive: 2006 Mustang GT, 2002 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 2 jayel579 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sort me out?

Mods, if I posted this in the wrong section I apologize and please more accordingly. I am probably looking for some of the Spec Focus guys to help answer this. I cannot seem to sort this out in my head and just looking for some clarity.

Currently I have an 02 SVTF. I am looking to grow this car into some autocross and track days. I more am looking for a track setup, then run it in whatever autocross class I end up in. Now I have viewed and read all the rules for spec focus and hopefully I have grasp on the basics of what is allowed and not. I believe this setup to be quite sufficent for what I would like to accomplish with the car. This is all stated so anyone answering this has some understanding of my intentions for the car.

My confusion comes with the damper part numbers allowed in the series. What is the difference between M-18000-ZXM and M-3000-ZXM? If I have researched properly I think the M-3000-ZX3 comes OEM on the SVTF. Is that correct? I understand they are made by dynamic, really what I am trying to figure out is what does the M-18000-ZXM offer different than the M-3000-ZXM?