Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Short throw AUTOMATIC shifter
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 11:54 PM   #62
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by jb10fan
You just contradicted yourself, you said it may move a little faster, but no performance...well..isnt that what my short shifter does, move a little faster...if its more comfortable for him to drive the car that way, then, in a sense, it is better performance, because he is tailoring the car to his driving style. Leave the automatic trans thing out for a second, the mentality around here that people with ATX are slow pokes that don't know anything is the most bullshit thing ive ever heard, and ive never experienced it on any other car forums. He likes it, makes it easier for him to get through the gears = performance for him..

now [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* about it, lol
first off, i never said anything against people with ATXs. i challange you to find one post of mine where i say "people with ATX are slow pokes that don't know anything." or anything similar.

and how ever fast you move the stick on an ATX, it will not change the speed at which the transmission shifts. this is a simple fact of how cars work. you may be able to start the process a little sooner, but it will take just as long to shift from one gear to the next, and you will see no performance gains on an ATX. on an MTX, a short throw shifter can actually shorten the amount of time it takes to get out of one gear and into another. because of the way an ATX works, shortening the shift knob, will not effect the actual shifting of the car. thus, there will be no performance gains. this is pretty simple stuff here guys. this isnt rocket science.

i am done with this discussion. it is obvious that some people are just here to pick fights, and i have had enough fun for one day. as i have said before. if you have a problem with something i have said, report it to the moderators. if you dont want to do that, then have a nice life.

bye bye