Old 12-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #157
jay1028
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50724
What I Drive: 2003,Red ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 jay1028 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Har01d,

Thanks for your info on the PCV hose mod. I can't get the OEM part and just put together the parts that you specified. Pep Boys has the parts and I assembled them with no problems. The new fabricated assembly is much better than the OEM hose and I don't think I will have to replace it every five years like the poorly designed Ford part. This new assembly is more heavy duty than the thin wall hose Ford supplied. I don't know what is in some of the automotive engineers minds using such a flimsy part as such an integral part of the motor operation. You have to wonder if there are any design reviews involved before designs are released. I like the car but have had too many problems with it in just 80k miles.

Alternator at 60k, coil pack,valve cover gasket and plastic thermostat housing (another design from a genius) at 63k, rear wheel bearings at 65k, ign cycl at 66k (that was fun being stranded), power steering pump leak at 70k and now PCV hose at 80k. I have a '96 Explorer V8 with no where near this many problems.