Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - What is a good driver?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 06:06 PM   #37
Whiteboy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1507
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Infra-Red

FF Reputation: 1 Whiteboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Being a truck driver...from a truck drivers' perspective and I do know alot of people can't stand the ground we walk on...but...I think a good driver is someone who looks out for trucks ..understand that trucks can't swerve over very easy like cars can and it takes a football field distance to stop on (dry) pavement and it takes a long time for them to build up speed from a red light.. we are talking about 70,000 lbs and many gears to shift...cutting them off and fingering gesturing isn't cool...truck drivers contribute alot to this country by delivering our nations goods and sacrificing alot ...some do it by choice and many have no choice...either way..someone has to do it...I seen many, many truck drivers out in storms helping 4 wheelers (people with cars) ..help them out just a little bit..move over for them ..let them cut in if you can, back up for them...believe me...it is appreciated!!...you got a few bad ones that spoil it for everyone else..but most truck drivers would be happy to help if people weren't so nasty...decency can sometimes be contagious...alright I'm off my soap box...just thought I'd add this...if three people read this and take it serious ..it was worth it.