Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Researching: Spray Bomb Painting : Proper Techniques.
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
tictactone
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70814
What I Drive: 93 lincoln mark 8, 85 mustang gt

FF Reputation: 1 tictactone Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSmiley98 View Post
you would get a better job at Maaco for a little bit of money (alot cheaper than most places)
lol, they suck at prep work though, i've honestly seen better spray bomb jobs then maaco jobs. but you get what you pay for.

i've spray bombed a few cars and while they never come out perfect, they dont look like total shit either. take your time on the prep work, make sure its completely dry and clean between coats, do thin coats. i usually use an adhesion promoter too to help. plastic bumpers (or anything flexible for that matter) need a flex additive to prevent cracking of the paint, especially when it gets cold, theres a few websites that sell spray paint with a flex additive otherwise napa can mix some up for you for around $15 a can. keep it warm and dry, mask everything you dont want painted off, and take your time. also, walmart sells a "spray gun" adapter that just clicks onto the top of the can so you can pull a trigger rather then press the button down which is a lot more comfortable and you can keep the can level and spray more easily with it.