Old 11-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #10
Feral
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58350
What I Drive: 1 2002 / 2 2001 Wagons

FF Reputation: 53 Feral Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
LOL heheh Flaming Focus now thats one hot ride... heheh just kidding

as for the light mod.. I've seen waaaaaaaaay to many foglight harness/headlight harness fry cuz someone modded them, tapped them or rigged them.. I could make the harness but theres no way I'm going to take any responsibility into them due to possible installation error or faults down the road so I don't bother with them

depends on if they read them were going to have people object to what I just said.. yes there are some that have successfully done it but who knows if it didn't cause there alternator to spontaneously explode, fuses to pop randomly, wires to turn into goo or in the future something else..

after seeing this on my OWN Focus, I would NEVER in my LIFE depend on tapping a stock run.. who knows ?!?!?!?!?

I've already had 1 major close call, 1 minor close call and one fat FIX-IT ticket
1 major - Wires shorted popped the hatch and we didn't hear it.. the door stayed closed enough that the dash warning stayed off.. we accelerated and one of the 4 rims I was transporting pushed hard enuf against the door it opened the hatch and fell out into the middle of the intersection

1 minor- third light failed and wiper started to intermittently run when it was not turned
on

1 fat FIX-IT - it blew out the fuses that controlled my turn signals and brake lights resulting in a complete rear light blackout.. we drive who knows how far with no parking brake or signals, yet the fronts operated fine

My Wagon Rebuild - http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217009