View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #55
saleenkitted
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 70045
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 saleenkitted Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
do away with the wing. what class would you plan on running if you do? and as for what they were all saying you do not NEED a hyd. parking brake. honestly e brake slows you down alot. if you plan on running production class u cant run a wing that isnt so many mm from oe specs. and like they are all saying start with roll cage n seats. For production class you dont NEED no 3 4 5000 coilovers get some good kyb struts with eibach springs or a decent coilover sleeve kit. and befor you all rag on me about telling him that plenty of the rally guys now adays do it. i have worked on rally america cars for the past 3 years. as for entry fees now your looking 800- 1500 depending on the event and if you pre register. all aside if you are SERIOUSLY planing on rallying DONT WASTE YOUR TIME BUILDING!!! you can buy a used rally car for pennys to the dollar compared to building your own new. also the problem of building over buying is you will almost for sure break for your first couple of events untill you have ALL the problems worked out. the guy i worked for this year is 12th OVERALL in the championship. And he still blew his motor this year BEFORE the 1st stage even started....(Long story and night dont ask...lol) So my honest opinion is look into the rule book ALOT more if you do build but you will be better off in the long run to just buy a built car. but again thats just my opinion.