Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 140* coolant temp problem thereafter
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #1
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
140* coolant temp problem thereafter

I've got no way to log or view live data, and this isn't in the right section, but I assure you it's hear because those who may know frequent this section more than tech.

Normal driving I don't get over 130* coolant temp. Even when it was 75-80 out when I first did the swap. In town stop and go I'll warm up to maybe 180*, turn the heater on and it drops decently quick.
Lately (last 4 days or so) when I get up to about 140* my idle goes to shit. It'll bounce a few hundred RPM and just stall out.

Car doesn't use oil and leaks no coolant. My first though was cracked head or something along that line, no dice though. So my second thought is fuel. But if I remember what Tom and ill said the warmup tables/etc are time based and not temp based. So something seems different about mine then and I just can't put my finger on it.

Put a new fuel filter in the other day thinking, eh it's cheap WTH. Same deal. Put my COP setup on and some MOT coppers, no change (with the idle that is, everything else is better).

Guess I'm just looking for someone to say 'hey stupid, your injectors are that dirty, get them cleaned professionally'. But the temp thing is weird, isn't it?