Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Duratec Intake Manifold Removal and PCV hose replacement
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 01:47 AM   #14
NAD23ZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 59327
What I Drive: 2004 Red Zx3

FF Reputation: 9 NAD23ZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval23 View Post
I still think its wierd but my car ran great, no codes, no wierd idle, same great mileage, same performance, etc...

You sound like the wife whose husband always beats her, but its ok because "he loves me".

The hose is a poorely engineered piece of shit. Just admit it. I have 20 year old hoses on my bronco that still work, including the PCV hose which BTW I could replace in about 10 minutes and that includes the time to open my first beer, finish it while working and go for a second.
True, but it's not an overwhelmingly occurring problem, not everyone encounters it, and plenty of different cars suffer from this part. I'm surprised there aren't more actual valves getting clogged/broken and people just having to replace the hose. My only reason for getting a new one is already having the engine out. Well that and I broke the hose getting it out.

Don't get me started though on the pain that is FWD. I'd much rather argue about the engineering on that than a hose.