Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Duratec Intake Manifold Removal and PCV hose replacement
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #13
blueoval23
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46630
What I Drive: 2004 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 blueoval23 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_04_zx3_2.3 View Post
Did anyone else having this failed hose have a problem with the idle being too high or get a lean code? It took me a while before I realized what was causing all of that.
I still think its wierd but my car ran great, no codes, no wierd idle, same great mileage, same performance, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAD23ZX3 View Post
The pcv hose isn't the worst when it comes to quality, it's not gold but it's also just a hose. There are a vast majority that have them last quite awhile and then of course polar opposites. If it lasts 100k then hell I'm pleased (but I do have lower standards) I already have a new one sitting around.
You sound like the wife whose husband always beats her, but its ok because "he loves me".

The hose is a poorely engineered piece of shit. Just admit it. I have 20 year old hoses on my bronco that still work, including the PCV hose which BTW I could replace in about 10 minutes and that includes the time to open my first beer, finish it while working and go for a second.