Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Windshield Wiper problem
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 12:01 AM   #1
KMiller
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 13043
FF Reputation: 1 KMiller Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Windshield Wiper problem

I have a 2001 Ford Focus ZX3, 3 door. The car was sideswiped while parked and when I got the car back from the body shop, the windshield wiper reservoir held no water.

My local Ford dealer replaced the wiper reservoir, “wiper motor and pump asy-w/shield” ($197.27).

Now when I operate the Mist Function: The front wipers cycle two times but NO mist comes out AND simultaneously the rear mists, but the rear wiper does NOT wipe.

When I operate the Rear Window Wiper/Washer, the Front washer goes on, but does NOT wipe and simultaneously the Rear Wipes but no mist comes out.

The Service Manager says that this is correct and normal because “the Ford thinks it’s raining.”

I’m taking the car back to the dealer tomorrow because that’s not the way I remember it worked before the accident. Plus, page 58 of my Focus Owners Manual seems clear to me. So what do I say when the Service Manager says he’s not re-fixing the car because “the car knows it’s raining? “

Thank you in advance

Karyl Miller
San Diego CA