Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Sad day for this bird....
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #104
tpivette
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 69410
What I Drive: just an old chevy

FF Reputation: 1 tpivette Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
again, im not trying to say you didnt beat that firebird...

but if the car was a 305, you just shouldnt have pulled on him like you did. if you had ran a sub 10sec 1/8, maybe, but it was a mid 10 sec 1/8 at 56mph. thats really slow. my stock 305 camaro ran 68mph in the 1/8 and posted a 10.2 E/T. again, the car you ran, if it had even the base 305, had 20 more hp than mine. a 10.6 car just wouldnt put 4+ lengths on a TBI 305

i know you said it was a V8 cause you heard his exhaust, but honestly, the 305s had a pathetic exhaust note (even with catbacks) that could easily be confused for a V6. just food for thought, take a listen to this sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyI414NxpYo. most people wouldnt think that was a V6... but it is. very lopey and deep sounding exhaust right there

the fact that he refused to pop his hood also leads me to believe he didnt want to be caught in his lie. unless that 305 was completely clapped out, which it probably wasnt cause you said it sounded nice, i just cant see a 10.6 focus putting that much distance on a car that should run almost the same E/T and mph as you

maybe ill take my DD 86' V6 firebird down to the track soon and try to line up with a stocker focus. ill film him pulling away from me and compare it to your video. id bet theyd be similar. but until then i guess well have to agree to disagree...

i really dont know what to say about the LT1... those are low 14/high 13 sec cars and trap around 100mph bone stock. i dont know how a focus, even on its assumed best case scenario run of low 15s, could beat one of those cars. thats a huge gap in the performance of the two vehicles... it should have put buslengths on you from any speed. your races have me scratching my head...