Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Sad day for this bird....
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #79
tpivette
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 69410
What I Drive: just an old chevy

FF Reputation: 1 tpivette Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
No I didn't see the motor but it was a V8
contradicting statement right there. if you didnt see it, then you dont KNOW

many people have mistaken a V6 with exhaust work for a underpowered V8... you cant just listen to the exhaust note and be able to discern the displacement

bottom line is a V8 thirdgen, of any year, should have hung with you from start to finish. looking at the video and seeing you put distance on him the whole way down the track MEANS it was a V6

Quote:
As for the 93+ firebird... I've raced my friend several times and it's a close race... not a slaughtering as the bird in the video...but I've won several times and a kill is a kill...
if your friends car is truely an LT1, it would absolutely RAPE a mid 16 sec Focus. no questions asked. theres just no way in hell a near stock Focus is going to beat or come close to a low 14 sec car. if you actually hung with him, his opti is probably shot and hes only running on half his cylinders, or he just wasnt racing

Quote:
However... when you have Hardcore GM fanboys (like the guy at the track) see something that they cannot believe on a FORD FOCUS messageboard I guess they will register just to come on and try to explain how the laws of physics couldn't have allowed what happened before their eyes to be in fact true...
please dont compare the lying, V6 owning tool that you raced at the track to real GM enthusiats. there should be no physics lesson necessary to explain why a 16 sec car (focus) shouldnt beat a 15 sec (305) or 14 sec (LT1) car. no one, i repeat NO ONE has EVER said you didnt win the race. however, we all have said you didnt beat a V8