Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Sad day for this bird....
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #78
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45538
What I Drive: 02' Mustang GT Premium Convertible

FF Reputation: 13 DJslurp1200 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wow...

First off let me be the one to say in no way was this thread started to end up like this... However... when you have Hardcore GM fanboys (like the guy at the track) see something that they cannot believe on a FORD FOCUS messageboard I guess they will register just to come on and try to explain how the laws of physics couldn't have allowed what happened before their eyes to be in fact true...

It was simply just a fun night at the track and fun beating someone with a motor twice the size of mine in a car that most would only bet that I would lose to...

No I didn't see the motor but it was a V8... Seriously man a 305 with a flowmaster like sounding exhaust is not hard to tell the difference between a 6cyl...and as for my time at the track you must keep in mind that's with a passenger and full tank of gas... that will make a huge difference in both my end time and 60ft... But again... I wasn't out to set records, I was out just having FUN!

On top of that let me say that there were cars with 100-250hp more than me that were running 9-10 sec 1/8 times... however with a 1/8 mile track your not going to see the full potential from most cars and towards the end is where alot of those cars really take off the most! Hence why alot of people talk smack about 1/8 tracks probably...

No I didn't see the motor but I know what I heard was a V8... there is no need to debate that... As for hp and 1/4 mile calculators it's pointless... I won the race and that is that... maybe he would have got me later on if we were going down the 1/4? But I don't think so... Like others mentioned those 305's are slow, heavy cars that just dont' really move and the video proves it...

As for the 93+ firebird... I've raced my friend several times and it's a close race... not a slaughtering as the bird in the video...but I've won several times and a kill is a kill...