Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Sad day for this bird....
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #55
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45538
What I Drive: 02' Mustang GT Premium Convertible

FF Reputation: 13 DJslurp1200 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkness03 View Post
i can't really tell what gen that bird was...but im guessing a 3rd gen because all those motors were a disgrace to V8's, and you wouldn't have put the hurt on an LT1...but nice kill nonetheless
Well believe it or not there's a guy at my job with a 4th gen WITH LT1 and I've beat him from a dig and 2nd gear roll several times... in his defence it's an auto and probably has 125k miles on it... LOL

But from a dig I still beat him 5 x's...Lossed once due to a bad launch...

I've been telling him to come to sunshine with me since beating this black firebird so that we can go again because though it's a much more closer race I know I can get him and he keeps telling me a differen't excuse every time afterwards... I WILL GET THAT RACE ON TAPE FOR OTHERS TO BELIEVE... since obviously it would be more impressive and I've already done it so why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roushturboedzx3 View Post
Lol ^^^ LT1 are still dogs

And Dj when did you go i wouldnt of went with you but nice kill
Wouldn't have went? you should have it would have been nice to see another focus out on the track...You would have really put some cars to shame!
I went a couple of weeks ago... There was another event last week on thursday but got rained out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkness03 View Post
well, they are dogs compared to an LSX motor...but they were pretty decent for their time. my 96 TA dyno'd 270hp/300tq with just an intake and a catback...so it definitely wasn't a slouch compared to the 3rd gen cars...
Ya my buddy that I work with.... his 4th gen LT1 auto is 100% stock...

He actually talked alot of crap too before we ran... "C'mon man when do you wanna get smoked in the focus?" LOL