Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Young Punks !
Thread: Young Punks !
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 11:10 AM   #1
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Young Punks !

For those of you who don't know me, I drive a 03 ztw wagon with a nitrous kit on it. Had a great race last night.
I'm coming home from grocery shopping with my two kids in the back and I stop kinda quick for a yellow light..right as a come to a stop a fart piped honda civic pulls up next to me and there is like 4 kids in the car and they are yelling back to their friends in the car behind them, fart pipe, lots of kids i the back for weight, and then my daughter, God love her ( she's seven) says " are you gonna race him dad?". Now we are talking 9:45 at night, zero traficc and a clear safe piece of road ahead..so on goes the bottle and I give this guy the typical throttle rev.. and he looks over and does the same...to make a long story short, My launch sucked , dead even through first and by second I'm into the nitrous and we shut off at about 60-70 mph and I had him by about 2 car lengths, not a killing , but bad enough.
Here's the funny part, next red light he pulls up next to me, I figure he's gonna go again, still open road and no traffic, he rolls up next to me and yells "a-hole", and his friends behind him in the neon are tearing him a new one out of the open windows.. It was funny as crap...He was actually pissed that he got beat by a wagon and a 37 year old guy, the beard is getting gray.... man that was so much fun, made the nitrous install worth it..very safe good clean American fun..