Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - "pass under yellow" - You Make The Call!
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #15
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member WeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder02 View Post
To me you did the right thing you avoided the wreck, and you made an attempt to give the places back, the Miata chose not to take it
Brian is correct, sort of...

I am a long time SCCA racer (I might even be one of the guys who started doing this before you were born...)

From my vantage point, the important part to this equation is that you INITIATED and EXECUTED overtaking PRIOR to the Yellow flag being displayed to you.

As a result, the pass was legal. You had no obligation relinquish the position back to the Miata. Further, the Miata - being passed legally could not not overtake you under the yellow flag.

Great Driving!

p.s. For those who suggested that you might ask an official for an opinion... Don't borrow trouble. Sometimes, the answer you get may not be the one you want. So, keep your trap shut. Trust me, if you were naughty, the officials WILL find you.

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock