Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - "pass under yellow" - You Make The Call!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
tb1999
Focus Addict

Fan#: 44261
What I Drive: '05 ZX3 D2.3 & '03 Jag S-TYPE 4.2L

Points 23,969, Level 94
Points: 23,969, Level: 94 Points: 23,969, Level: 94 Points: 23,969, Level: 94
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 tb1999 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
zzzzz... Huh? Oh, yeah, next gear please.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
Did you ask any officials at the track about your concerns after the fact?
Frankly, no. It was discussed between me and the other driver, I really didn't give it another thought.

It was the second day of a three day weekend.

There was plenty of time for the officials to approach me if they felt I was out of line. There were plenty of drivers that were cited for this infraction in other race groups during the event, I doubt they let me slide without even a chat if they felt this was a borderline call on my part.

Quote:
You gave the Miata plenty of time to pass you and get back up to speed.
Yep, and I have data to back it up.

according to my traqmate session I was below 0.2g accel for ~7 seconds after hitting my MIN speed of 23MPH. At that 7 second mark I was just hitting 60MPH

Max accel for my car is about .45g to .55g, so that means I was at half or below that figure for 7 seconds.......

Quote:
Oh...why the few blips on the rev limiter before you shift?
Seems to me your losing some time doing that.
You are correct sir! But you have to appreciate that I don't have a shift light yet, and was working on about 5.5 hours sleep. The fuel rail sprung a leak (ongoing problem, long story...) after my first test/tune session the day before. I located a fuel rail at a dealer near allentown PA, a friend fetched it for me, but I had to meet him late at night. Got back to the hotel at about 1:30 AM!

Quote:
BTW...That's a lot of cars on track!
I've been to Miller Motorsports Park a couple times for a HPDE,
but what you're doing there is a bit crowded for this newbie.
I guess, but it did not seem that crowded to me. I wish I had video from the qualifying session. I was going 3 wide out of the boot with an integra and some other hot hatch......

Inventor of "The $0 Thunder Throttle" & "Focuzdax-7" brake swap.
I like the same qualities in women and pistons; Lightweight, fast, and with the smallest skirts possible...