Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - how do i get into autocrossing?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #10
ZenRanger94
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46237
What I Drive: 06 Silver ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 5 ZenRanger94 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^that's because you got cams/header/no interior/ and your a psycho behind the wheel, lol.

I'd say ST, but seeing your engine mods in your sig might bump you out to FSP or even SM. Take a look at the downloadable rule book on www.scca.com. there's also a quicklook guide in the stickied threads. It's a little out of date but it will give you a good idea.

OP- also a good idea to check out www.scca.com, there should be a link to find your region as well as checking out the rule book.

Biggest piece of advice, show up early and ask questions. The Tech inspector can help you class your car, if needed, and walk the course with somebody who can show you how to visualize the course. In most cases they will have a more experienced person sit shotgun for your first run or two. once again, Ask Questions. The majority of people at these things are more than willing to help new people out. and don't worry about hitting a cone or two, some of our more experienced guys have taken out more than 10 in a run (tho we wanted to kill him after picking them all up, lol). And the most important thing, have fun!
/\ /\ ST Crew #77 /\ /\
06 Focus ZX4 ST
F2 Intake, Trubendz 2.5in w/hfc, Eibach Pro springs, FRPP dampers, Motegi Tracklite wheels