Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus Fanatics Ride of the Month Showcase
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #59
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
SEPTEMBER RIDE OF THE MONTH(2009)

Member name: CAYSE
Model: SVT (3 door)
Color: Infrared

Why he loves his Focus:
"My love for Focuses in general started way back in 2002, when my good friend and longtime Ford fanatic Bryan bought a brand new 2002 ZTS in CD Silver with manual trans. I was a Chevy guy back then, bumbling around in my beat-to-hell '86 Camaro with a tired 305 TBI motor and a falling apart everything-else. I climbed in behind the wheel and couldn't believe how well the car handled. Granted, I could've gotten behind the wheel of a school bus and said something similar compared to the pile I was driving, but then the modding began. Before the infamous Massive had concocted his plans for a silver SVT sedan, Bryan was already well on his way with 5-spoke wheels and a brand new SVT steering wheel, suspension mods, etc.

Jump ahead a couple years and I finally got what I had always wanted, an SVT Focus! A loaded silver 2002 with blue interior, to be exact. I loved it. It was an incredible car to drive; handled beautifully and had good power. And who doesn't love rowing through six gears? Sadly, with only two weeks of ownership under my belt, I flipped it over and totalled it. Summer tires in the dead of winter don't mix on curvy roads; I'll leave it at that.

I had to have another SVT; I was hooked. I loved everything about the car, and I had already drawn up ideas for big mods before crashing the first one. A couple years of saving up money and driving a crap Taurus GL (that I lovingly named LOLGL), I finally found my baby: the 2003 SVT Focus seen here! It had every option except the European Appearance Package, and through a stroke of coincidental luck, my friend Bryan was friends with the previous and only owner (which helped clear up some details and get the price lowered with the dealer).

Jump ahead to now and it's been a long 3 years and change, and the car is now chock full of mods. I don't dare add up the costs of everything, cause I really don't want to know. What I do know is that through all this time, I've grown a strong bond with this fun little car, and formulated a broad plan to make it truly unique, and truly respectable. The not-so-glamorous reputation behind the Focus name belies what a great car it really is, and I'm on a mission, one passenger at a time, to change that reputation."

His future plans:
"This is the goal I've had for my car since day one: power, agility, comfort & style. Many people have taken many Focuses and transformed them into monstrous powerhouses, booming entertainment systems, luxurious Euro cruisers or road-carving go-karts; all of which deserve all the praise and respect they get. But I set out to do what the sport luxury manufacturers do: combine it all. As my interior mods progressed, I had more and more people get into my car and say "OMG, this is a Focus?" As my suspension and brakes mods were done, I had more people getting lost in my rearview in the mountain twisties saying "OMG, was that a Focus?" And as my exterior and power mods get completed, it will be the same story more and more. I aim to start a movement in the Focus community that may have already begun. It isn't necessarily EDM or big boost or a wall of 15" subwoofers. It's simply the best of the mods that can be done while still keeping the Focus what it is: a really practical, really fun street car. It will be soundproofed like a Lexus, put out 250hp or more, have a SQ sound system but hidden like stock, given a sport luxury look and can still haul a 42" TV and entertainment stand in the hatch if I need to. It's a whole new niche I like to call Sport Compact Luxury."

MODIFICATIONS

EXTERIOR:
Focus Central fiberglass hood
EDM Focus RS upper grille
EDM locking hood latch
red LED taillamp housings
white 14.5v LED license plate bulbs from 42DD
black sidemarkers
foglight mod w/Höen Xenonmatch bulbs
LED front indicator, city and sidemarker bulbs
35% Llumar tint
clear Lamin-X headlight film
Anco Contour front and rear wipers
custom German license plate
shaved antenna

INTERIOR:
Recaro SVTf EAP seats
EDM lower dash pocket
EDM 2002+ center console, painted black
EDM "Blackwood" finish radio bezel and shifter surround
EDM clock
illuminated power port
MOMO Sphere Airmetal shift knob
MOMO Pit Stop Airmetal ebrake handle
Richbrook satin aluminum short gear shaft sleeve
Ford Racing short throw shifter
Redline Accessories custom leather shift and ebrake boots
custom wrapped steering wheel
Focus Central black anodized billet aluminum HVAC knobs w/red indicators
MOMO Stealth Airmetal pedals
Redline Tuning SVT floor mats
non-smoker package
black HVAC vents with white symbols
Motorcraft cabin air filter

I.C.E.:

ENGINE DRESS-UP:
black powdercoat ignition coil bracket
HTPerformance powdercoated valve cover
FocusSport oil cap
Redline Tuning Elite hood struts

PERFORMANCE:
Focus Central ram air intake
CFM 67mm throttle body
Jackson Racing supercharger (blueprinted, ported inlet, ported manifold, show polish)
Jackson Racing big boost kit (3.1" pulley, 42# injectors, MAFS)
CFM ported head
ARP head studs
modified stock header (shield delete, custom lower bracket, Jet-Hot extreme sterling)
CFM high flow cat pipe
custom 3" flexpipe
custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust
Taylor Thundervolt 8.2mm ignition wires
Motorcraft AZFS22C spark plugs gapped to .035"
180° thermostat
CFM adjustable exhaust cam gear
Massive lightweight crank pulley
McNews Diablo Predator tune

SUSPENSION:
KYB AGX dampers
Eibach Pro-Kit springs