Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - FS/FT: Recaros, Badges, and PIAA Fog Lights
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 02:52 AM   #6
X6StringerX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64835
What I Drive: FOCUS!!!

FF Reputation: 3 X6StringerX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'm looking for $500 + stockers for the Recaros. I doubt it would take longer than 45 minutes to swap them. I've already had the Recaros out of my car once to install carpet. It's pretty straight forward. One thing you should know before making the trip here is that in order to have the powered functions of the Recaros, you'll need to hardwire the seats to your harness. I'm sure there is probably a write-up somewhere, but I've never bothered to search for it. They have never been wired in my car and I knew when I purchased the car that I would want to replace them with stock seats anyway, so I never investigated the matter. One good thing is that the seats will manually slide forward and backward, so you should be able to find a comfortable position for your journey back home.

In what part of WV is your family? I actually have family in both Mocksville and Wilmington, NC. One of my uncles lived in Statesville for a while as well, but he moved to Louisiana a couple of years ago. My plans are to relocate to the Carolinas after I graduate from uni in December, but I'm mainly interested in SC because the weather tends to be a little warmer throughout the year.