Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Basic Bolt-ons: Intakes and Induction
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #43
jetrinka
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45622
What I Drive: 88 5-speed XR4TI

FF Reputation: 180 jetrinka Excellent Standing Member jetrinka Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomClark View Post
Where to start?

1) Are all the PZEV intake filters configured the same way?
2) Like someone else pointed out, K&N markets a CAI kit for 08-09 PZEV, has anyone tried it? Is it still the only one offered?
3) Does the product from Stealth fit the 09 PEZV? Has anyone tried it?
4) What is the “FS ones”? (see quote below)

And last but not least, the big question for me is would I seen gains in power and gas mileage in a daily driver that is really a commuter car? I drive about 50 miles a day in mixed freeway and city streets. I drive them as fast as possible, but the Lord only knows it isn’t as fast as I would like. So I was wondering if anyone had any idea where the threshold of practicality if with the up grades like CAI is?

1: The PZEV filter systems in the 08's and up are just like the ones from the 04's to my knowledge.
2: The CAI will work for your PZEV as long as it has provisions for the air pump to the exhaust manifold.
3: From stealth? You mean the stealth CAI? Its purely a cone filter on the bottom of your stock MAF tube.
4: FS = Focussport.

And you will see gains in HP from a CAI for sure. If you keep your foot way outta it, some MPG as well.