Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ford Focus reliability
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #75
Robotaz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67570
What I Drive: '13 Mustang V6 vert

FF Reputation: 4 Robotaz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDucDong View Post
Id say thats fairly accurate, but with this in mind: Honda's of the 80s up to the late 90's were bulletproof (same goes for Toyota), while the Big 3 were struggling real bad. But it seems that as time as gone on, more and more problems are happening over at Toyota and Honda, including several severe recall issues (the latest being a potentially lethal Accord airbag issue). Quality has gone down, as well as interior materials in most Hondas and Toyotas, too. What Ive seen in the last 5 years from Ford has astonished me, for good reasons! What Ive seen in the last 5 years from Honda and Toyota has disgusted me. And while Honda and Toyota still pump out cars with reliability that is above-average, theyve gone downhill.
What one, single factor do you see that Toyota and Honda have in common that is different from the same two companies in the '80s and early '90s? Place of assembly. My Hondas were very poorly assembled. I've never seen cars so poorly put together. The transmissions and differentials(mine leaked) were also assembled here. I think it has to do with being made in the USA, sadly. I have a cousin who has worked in many Toyota parts suppliers facilities and some of the stories that he tells me about quality control would bring tears of anger to a proud American. If Ford can keep the momentum up they only stand to gain on Honda and Toyota.

'13 Mustang V6 vert, grabber blue
Mods: Tint