Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Testing the new suspension......
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #15
tb1999
Focus Addict

Fan#: 44261
What I Drive: '05 ZX3 D2.3 & '03 Jag S-TYPE 4.2L

Points 23,955, Level 94
Points: 23,955, Level: 94 Points: 23,955, Level: 94 Points: 23,955, Level: 94
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 tb1999 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyrubber View Post
Sweet ride along man, impressive gains on the track. I liked the star wars style text at the beginning to. How do you like the Hankooks?
I have only run about 5 full sessions on them, but I think they have everything you could want in a tire for that price.

consistent performance, braking and turn in are very nice, and good feedback overall.

I purchased them at the track after I corded my NT01's on advice of an experienced spec miata guy that has tried just about every tire on the planet.

He believes the Hankook is even better than an R6, on his Miata. I never had Hoosiers, but I put them on par with the Advan A048's I was running last year.

But the price is good, about $165 ea compared to just over $200 for an R6 or the Yokes.

I'll have to see if they hold up to heat cycles well or just go off quickly. My Advans are pretty beat up with almost a full season on them, and as long as it's a warmer day with full sun, they still grip real well. If the Hankooks can do that then I will definitely buy them again.

Inventor of "The $0 Thunder Throttle" & "Focuzdax-7" brake swap.
I like the same qualities in women and pistons; Lightweight, fast, and with the smallest skirts possible...