Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How-To: 2008 - 2011 Halo Projectors Light Installation
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #49
LTL0540
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 66631
What I Drive: '08 Vista Blue SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 5 LTL0540 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
oh ok, i havent had to use relays for anything but i thought it was more complicated than that. as for the halos, you mean you found some aftermarket ones like that? i havent seen anything like that yet. i know foucs09nyman made his own. not my taste but thats pretty sweet. are you sure your car isnt wired for them already? sometimes ford does it that way just to keep everything the same. if not just wire them to the battery with your own switch.
The relays + capacitor is the solution for HID's.
I had a few more issues because of:
1) faulty ballast
2) loose bulb wiring (the plugs arent that well-insulated on the projector, so i ended up having to quick-disconnect one of the connections) --> no pics unfortunately

as for the halo fog lights --> eBay there was an option to have them plain or add halos (under the glass); supposedly, the switch they provide lets you switch between powering the halos, or the bulbs (one at a time only, so no akwardness)? i just realized actually, since the halo is under the glass and closer to the halogen bulb, i hope it doesnt get WAY too hot.
I"ll be getting them soon, and i'll post pics once i have them in/struggle getting them in.