Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How-To: 2008 - 2011 Halo Projectors Light Installation
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #47
LTL0540
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 66631
What I Drive: '08 Vista Blue SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 5 LTL0540 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
yep that is exactly what im talking about. if you can see the cutoff is still there on the left side, but it flips it up in the middle. your car looks black in the first pic!
yup, i guess they keep the cutoff there so you wont blind oncoming traffic even with highbeams? i dont know LOL; as for my car looking black, i think it was the lighting of the pic, and i messed around with the colour saturation (its still vista blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor City Madman View Post
Thanks for the pics, LTL0540.
no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
nice those are looking pretty sweet
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
LTL0540, i remember you had problems before since you have the DRL's. If it was kinda complicated to wire the relay maybe you should post in the thread about it or send it to me and ill add it to the original post.
its was just pretty much:
battery --> relay harness w/ built-in capacitor --> projector harness --> then attach the bulbs' wires to the ballasts, and then finally to the HID bulbs.
just the usual, with an extra harness/capacitor combo which solved my problems

at the moment im trying to figure out how im gonna wire in fogs (no stock harness). I bought ones that had halos and am planning to tap my sidemarkers :P thus i'll have quad halos.