Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Testing the new suspension......
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
tb1999
Focus Addict

Fan#: 44261
What I Drive: '05 ZX3 D2.3 & '03 Jag S-TYPE 4.2L

FF Reputation: 47 tb1999 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbbaseball View Post
hmmm, very nice!! i saw you passing mustangs so i was wondering if you have boost. I'm in about the same category as you w/ 164 whp and 2588 lbs!! now i wanna go!!
No Boost!

My D23 is all stock internals, 67mm TB, 2.5" MAF, F2 Header (wrapped), focussport stealth exhaust minus the front resonator, the exh ports on the head were matched to the header, EGR deleted and custom tune by me using SCT pro racer.

I'm running 4.06 gears and a quaife.

I actually think I got a small jump in HP by installing an oil cooler!.

When I got my oil temp gauge installed earlier this year, I learned that my engine was running about 290F on the oil temp after about 10 laps flat out.

I installed an oil to water "mocal" style cooler and now it runs @ 220F. Since the engine squirts oil on the pistons to keep them cool, lower oil temps means lower piston crown temps, which keeps the clearances looser and keeps the engine from pinging etc.

The car was just an animal out there........

and as an FYI I'm running castrol full synthetic, 5W20, which puts my oil pressure at a solid 60 PSI on track.

Inventor of "The $0 Thunder Throttle" & "Focuzdax-7" brake swap.
I like the same qualities in women and pistons; Lightweight, fast, and with the smallest skirts possible...