Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Cocky Pontiac Fiero
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 11:02 PM   #6
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Depends as much on the kind of Fiero as it does the guy driving it. If it has a V6 then he's in the game, if it's the 4 cylinder, I wouldn't be as worried - the four-cylinder Fiero is really slow, no matter how well he can take turns the slowness of the car overall I think would kill him. My older sister used to have an 84 Fiero with the four-cylinder, it was crap. Oh, also the transmission if it's the four-speed manual was total crap and shifting troubles can slow you down on that one also.

The Fiero does have pretty good balance and a willingness to turn more easily than the Focus, because of the reason mentioned in the post above (mid-engined, low to the ground cars have what's called a "low polar moment of inertia") but that can work against you also as the car wants to keep turning and sometimes will spin out of control if you're not careful. I used to have an 86 MR2 which was Toyota's version of the Fiero and it does hold it's own against newer cars but if you slip up once and get a little careless you're toast. I spun out when I didn't mean to more times than I'd care to remember.